Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year, New Resolutions

 It 2014!!!!
   And you know what that means its time for new years resolutions, that let's face it more often than not people drop it by the time summer comes around, new goals to meet, a chance to look at everything in a fresh way and give it a new start.

   This last year I made a few goals I wanted to meet. The obvious one lose weight, and I was too, I lost some weight though not as much as I hoped and gained back a little sadly right around when the dog wanted to start waking me up barking at God knows what time in the morning, I do NOT like being woke up with something annoying like this dogs barking, and it echoes!!!! So that being said I've been waking up in no mood to workout.
   I also wanted to make a change in life and that though it happened later in the year I met with starting this blog. Though starting this isn't quite the change I was thinking of it still is a change, its something that I will have to keep actively involved on and I know I started out strong and the last couple months have been dull but I'm hoping that was just a floozy, mixed with a little readers slump. I am so glad that I started this its giving me a purpose and putting my option out there, weather anyone read it is just a plus. So making a change in my life, step one met!


   Now for this years!!!

   Well the obvious one again, lose weight, lol. One of the first few things I'm going to do is cut my hair, Yikes!, just kidding about the yikes, but I am cutting my hair and I plan to cut it short, shorter than I've had it in a very, very long time, I'm not going Britney Spears, but it needs to get cut, drastically. I'm trying to get some body back in my hair, I tried a couple things even cut it, though not short, and now I think that my last thing to do is to just chop it, donate it of course something I always do when I cut off more then a few inches, find a good shampoo and hope for the best, its also a good way to start fresh with a new look, maybe it can be counted as step two to making a change in my life. New look can bring a new attitude which brings a fresh look on things.

  I have a few others but this is a BOOK blog so how bout I tell you my blog and reading goals now.

   This year I'm participating in the TBR Challenge, and looking for others to join, I'm sure there's tons out there. I'm going to start doing some blog book tours, though not too many want to start out slow and get the hang of them so be on the look for those.
   I don't want to just be reading eBooks now that I have my NEW tablet, I actually like holding a book and turning the page, so far I've only found one app that looks like I'm turning the page but I don't like other factors of it is the thing, anyway, also I have some books I've recently got and have had for a while that I should get to, soo and this may not happen that soon as I am so enjoying my NEW tablet (by the way I'm sorry for keep on calling it my New tablet I'm just so happy I have one I promise it'll stop, at some point, lol) but I'm thinking I could read a book during the day and an eBook at night, reading an eBook at night I don't need a light on and so I wont fall asleep with my it on, lol, now I know I'm not the only one out there who reads in bed and falls asleep with their lamp/flashlight/book lights/whatever on all night.

   Most everyone does a book haul of some kind, however I want to start going to the library again, actively this year. I may get a physical book or get a ebook from the library, depends on if I find the books I actually want at the library. But I'm going to start a little feature for my Library Hauls. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to go once a month or every two weeks, guess it really depends on how many books I get, I will make it a consecutive day though so its not all over the place I'm thinking Mondays its the start of the week after all. One of the first few books I want to find is The Host, the movie is on Netflix and I kinda want to see it, but I wont till I read it.

   There's one more thing that I want to do this year as I'm sure everyone knows last July there was a lot along the lines of Harry Potter! What with the new special book cover, the anniversary, and of course his birthday. I even fond out somethings I did not know. I also realized I have not read the books in ages, I mean AGES, so I kind of made myself a little vow that I would read the books. I read the first one already. However I want to make that little vow more official by proclaiming it on here. I am vowing not to watch the movies till I finish the book! This is already being hard to do as I miss the movies! But do it I shall. What would really be perfect is if I can find the audio books at the library so I could read along with that, as from what I've heard the guy who read them did an amazing job with all the voices and everything. In fact I did listen to the audio book of the first one while I read along with it and loved it! I hope I can find it for all of them. So I'm thinking this vow needs something....I know, when I'm done with the book and I watch the movie how about I make a post and tell you something I didn't know, or forgot about, and things I learned about recently, how does this all sound! I'm sure this might be a challenge somewhere, as the books being so popular and that there are so many, I'm positive I'm not the first one to make a challenge or a vow like this and I'm sure I'm not going to be the last, but I'm doing it like this, if you want to join me do feel free!! There's just one more thing I think its missing, a goal date, anyone have any clue as to when that should be........hmmmmm
   I think I know the perfect date........how does Harry's birthday sound to everyone!!!!! And when I'm done I am sooooo having a Harry Potter movie-thon, lol. This is also perfect timing because Universal is adding to the Harry Potter world!! I wish I could go when they open it I want to take a ride on the Hogwarts Express.



   Oh guess what else, something I think is a great way that'll kick start the year and get my TBR Challenge to a good start.....It's the Bout of Books R.A.T 9.0!!!!!!! I participated in the last one they had and had so much fun, sooo I am signing up for this one now the first one of they year!! They have little mini challenges that you can do and a grand prize if you want to participate.  It starts on the 6th look for my goals post in the next few days! Hope to see you there!

Here is their little blurb about it:
Bout of Books
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

What are your resolutions for this year? Making any reading goals? Are you going to be joining any challenges or read-a-thons I would love to hear about them!~

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *