Sunday, October 13, 2013

Cover Love Sunday #4

 

Cover Love Sunday is a weekly feature hosted at The Quiet Girl Talks, where you choose your 3 favorite covers for each weekly theme. Anybody can do it, just check the Features page for themes ahead of time! :) 

This week's theme is...
YA BOOKS!


This week covers I've picked


The Final Eclipse (Daughters of the Moon, #13)


   I like the cover because it's the last in the series I've read the all of them its a good series each cover is similar it has a girl and an element of sorts in the background making each one different but the same this one was pretty much the wrap up book in the series and I think its great that  the cover kind of represents that because as you see theres 6 girls on the cover well those are from the previous books in the Daughters of the Moon series, think goddesses.











The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1)The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials, #2)The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, #3)

Now the reason I'm showing all three of these cover is not particularly because of the covers themselves, though I do like them there very unique, but with these covers if you turn them on the side you get:
His Dark Materials Trade Paper Boxed Set: The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, #1-3)
I love when a book cover does that when its a trilogy or series and has a picture or words on the spine.

Spells out: His Dark Materials















For my last pick a more recent and popular book at the moment

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
I like the fog which makes the building seem farther away, the clothes really sets the time period, form what I understand Infernal Devices take place the 1700's or 1800's and each cover show that too. What I really like is that this cover is dark there only little slashes of 'light' and the only real 'color' is the gold of the dragon head on the staff, it kinda look like fire it you don't look to closely












There are so many more I could probably share with you as YA books often have the best covers, why, because younger adults look at covers first, its like food with kids, if they see it and like the way it looks they'll pick it up, lol.

Whats your picks?
Hope you enjoyed~

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *