Sunday, October 6, 2013

Liebster Award

   So I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by Mrs. B's Books. Thanks you so much. I don't feel like I deserve it though. I've only been a blogger for such a short time still trying to learn the ins and outs, I don't think I'll ever learn everything though, lol. This award is given to bloggers by fellow bloggers who have less than 200 followers to get a boost in exposure and hopefully give readers a chance to see some of the smaller blogs that are out there doing great things around the web.
There are a few rules to this award:
1. Link back to the blogger that tagged you.
2. Nominate 10 others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you.
3. Ask 10 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
4. Let your nominees know of their award.
 
Here are the questions Mrs. B's Books asked:
 
1. Why did you set up your blog.
To get rather personal I'm trying to make a change in life for the better and find things that I enjoy doing and no one else can tell me how and when or what to do only I'm in control of it. I enjoy reading so why not put my opinion out there about the books I read, and if my voice is heard all the better.
2. Who is your favourite author?
Hmm, you know I don't think I ever really paid much attention to what author I like, I mean yea sometimes I look for a certain author, but most the time I just pick up a book that seems appealing. Though I cant not count the series' I've read and those authors. You cant go wrong with J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter. I really want to read more of Sherrilyn Kenyon I've read only a couple of her books and really enjoyed them.
3. Which book are you most looking forward to coming out?
There are so many books that I want to read that are out I really couldn't tell you what book I'm looking forward to being released. Though one book I know that is coming out soon that seems like an interesting read is Teardrop by Lauren Kate however I don't know when I'll be getting it.
4. Print version or ebook?
I don't have an e-reader sadly so right now its the print version however I've read some free e-books on my laptop and I seem to read faster however if I stare at the screen for so long I get a little headache, usually only when I don't have any other lights on.
5. If you were stranded on a desert island, what book or series would you wish to have with you?
A long series that's already completed so that when I get to the last one I'm not wondering what happened next, lol.
6. If you could talk face to face with an author, who would it be and why?
 
7. Are there any books that you have not been able to finish?
That would be the books they wanted me to read in school, I don't think I ever finish any of them, lol.
8. Would you buy a book purely because of the cover? 
I pick up book for the cover but I read the synopsis to see if its interesting.
9. How has your reading changed since you set up your blog?
Before this year I was sort of out of commission when it came to reading for a couple years, either cause I was busy doing other things or I didn't have the money for new books, I did still read I had books to read I just didn't read as much as I used to. I made it a point to get back into reading again this year because I enjoy it and it takes me somewhere. Since starting this blog I wouldn't say my reading has changed much I have days where I don't read and days where I'm reading nonstop, I think I've always been like that. However that being said when I'm done with the book I'm reading I wont to get the review out as soon as possible and I find myself thinking ok now how can write about what I just read and not just tell about it.
10. How do you choose what books you read?
It depends on what mood I'm in lately I've been reading romance books.
 Blogs I nominate
The Quiet Girl Talks
Listful Booking
My Nook, Books and More
Beauty and the Book
I think that's just about all the blogs Im following at the moment.
  My Questions:
1. Do you manage how long you spend working on your blog, how do you?
2. When you were starting your blog and the thoughts you had about how you would carry on with it, has it proved more difficult and/or time consuming than you first thought?
3. How often do you get into a book niche where you just read the same genre or get caught up in books that have reoccurring aspect? i.e. magic, vampires, innocent girl falls for bad boy, list goes on.
4. We all get into a reading ditch/slump/block, how do you get out of them?
5. What do you hope to get from your blog?
6. When reading a book what do you want to see, what makes it good?
7. Cover, Title or Synopsis or all three?
 
Well that all the questions I can think of. And Thanks again to Mrs. B's Books.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *