Monday, August 26, 2013

Bout of Books Wrap-Up

Bout of Books

    Wow! This week went by fast. But I did have fun this was my very first read-a-thon and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to be actively participate in it but I guess I put my mind to it and I did my updates I even went around to some blogs throughout the week, some appealed to me some not so much (I am not saying that the ones that didn't were at all bad, they weren't, and its just for me, for my personality and the type of book they read and review that I didn't appeal to them, I just wanted to make clear that I'm not saying any blog was bad or anything). I wish I could of done more mini challenges I think I made myself a little overwhelmed when I did those two challenges on the same day of which you can check them out it was the day 3 challenges I did enjoy doing them though especially the poem one. And I know there was another poem type challenge that I wish I got to. I think this was a good first read-a-thon for me and I think learned what I want or not want to do for the next one I do.
   I didn't meet my goal of getting my library books done but I got to 3 of the 4 them. I read and reviewed, of which you can feel free to check out I put the link for them, Chosen by P.C and Kristin Cast and The Heist by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg. The third book, Shadows of Myth by Rachel Lee, I didn't finish because yesterday ran a few errands but I did get about half way through and should finish it no later than tomorrow, it kinda has a rocky start and feels like your in the middle of the story instead of the beginning, but I think thats what is was supposed to be like, I'll tell you more when I write my review, which will hopefully be in a few days. And I didn't get to Rush by Maya Banks at all. :(
   You want to know how many total pages I read?
  • with Chosen at 307 and there was quite a bit of words on the page
  • The Heist at 295 and the print was a little bigger so there wasn't as much on one page like Chosen
  • and Shadows of Myth I know I didn't finish it but I did get in 131 pages which is almost half and again there is a lot of print on one page as well
   That brings the total pages read to 733 I'm sure had I not had a slump on I think it was Thursday and did those errands yesterday I would have all 3 read and possibly even the 4th or at lest started on it. I'm still proud of how much I did though including what wasn't reading.
 
   So now that this read-a-thon is over I need to get to some things that I've been putting off all week, like cleaning up a little, fold and put away my laundry, and starting a new workout. ~

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *